Estimate the Components in a Grasspave2 System - sand, Hydrogrow, base course, labor, and grass (sod or seed or hydroseed). Then, submit for aquote. We will return a price quote as soon as possible.
Grasspave2 grass paver / porous pavement allows you to park, drive, walk, ride, or lounge on a beautiful grass surface. It performs the functions of asphalt or concrete pavement, but with the aesthetics of a lawn – all while enhancing the environment.
- Pervious Load Bearing Surface
- Stormwater Pollution Filtration and Treatment
- Airborne Dust Capture and Retention
- Heat Energy Reflection Reduction, “Cool” Surface
- Tree Growth within Parking Areas
- 100% Real Grass Coverage
- 5,721 psi Compressive Strength
- Large Rolls for Easy Installation
- Competitive Advantages over other turf pavers
- Fire lanes
- Overflow, Stadium and Event Parking
- Church Parking
- Grass "Green" Driveway
- Utility Access
- On-street Parking - Grass Shoulders
- Pedestrian Walkways and "Cow Paths"
- Handicap Parking
- Emergency Access
- Infiltration Basin Reinforcement
- Golf Cart Paths
- Erosion Control
- Helicopter Landing Pads
- Airplane Transport Areas
- See our project profiles for other uses
Grasspave2 porous pavement is a structure which provides incredible load bearing strength while protecting vegetation root systems from deadly compaction. High void spaces within the entire cross-section enable excellent root development, and storage capacity for rainfall from storm events. For example, a 13 inch cross-section (one inch Grasspave2 with sand and a 12 inch base course) can store 2.6 inches of water - 13 inches x approx. 20% void space). Stormwater is slowed in movement through and across Grasspave2 surfaces, which deposits suspended sediment and increases time to discharge. Suspended pollutants and moderate amounts of engine oils are consumed by active soil bacteria, which are aided by the system’s excellent oxygen exchange capacity.
Read the archived "A Whole Lot of Turf" article.
32 12 43 Porous Flexible Paving
Grasspave2 porous paver is listed in the Construction Specifiers Master Spec Format predominantly in Section 32 12 43 Porous Flexible Paving. You may also place it in the 1995 Master Format Version in section 02795 Porous Pavement.
Manufactured in 1 square meter units (3.3' x 3.3') or quarter-meter units (1.65 feet x 1.65 feet) and assembled into rolls. Please view our Roll Chart for dimensions. Some curves can be achieved without cutting.