Grass Grid Pavers For Fire Lanes
The Nation’s #1 Approved grass paver for fire lanes! Invisible Structures has the strongest, most durable, and fastest draining permeable paver system, period.
Invisible Structures-The Most Powerful and Permeable Grass Grid Pavers for Fire Lanes! Pave Strong. Pave Green. Pave Safe:
Since 1982, Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 have been the Nation’s #1 Approved Permeable Pavers for Fire Lanes! Proudly Made in the USA with 100% Recycled HDPE plastic, these innovative pavers have tested tough enough to a launch a fighter jet and eco-forward enough to support municipal codes for any green space and permeable surface requirements. With the power of Flexibility, Grasspave2 provides the ultimate in surface stability and rugged durability, reinforcing the driving surface in any climate for 60+ years*! Rigid pavers, exposed to the same conditions, become dangerously loose at their adjacent corners, causing uneven surfaces that are more hazardous with each freeze/thaw cycle. For over 40 years Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 have been the Invisible Structures supporting a greener future with the strongest and fastest draining porous grid pavers available.
Invisible Structures revolutionized the way we build Fire Lanes:
Invisible Structures Porous Paving Products offer unparalleled strength and consistency, with the best drainage in the business, making them the ideal choice for city planners, architects, and engineers seeking to create safe, efficient, and eco-friendly fire lanes. We’re also the favorite of Fire Departments as we do not “pop up” like rigid pavers do over time because we are flexible and unaffected by the freeze/thaw cycle, so our Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 surface stays smooth and stable for the lifetime of the installation.
Unmatched Strength and Durability
Invisible Structures Porous Paving Products’ strength is thanks to its independent cylinder – or ring design. The unique design of this paving material offers:
- High load-bearing capacity: Every single Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 column can bear a shocking amount of weight alone due to their design (think of the surprising strength of the super thin-walled aluminum soda can when pushed down from the top or the columns still standing in Rome) and when combined with several rings under a tire, the result is outstanding. When empty, the heaviest dump trucks drive over Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 when filling the products with sand or aggregate with the greatest of ease, and the heaviest Fire Truck can have no fear about responding to an emergency. When filled, even an F-15 fighter jet could take off from a Grasspave2 or Gravelpave2 installation.
- Resistance to wear and tear: The durable, 100% recycled HDPE construction ensures that the material can withstand the rigors of daily use, including heavy traffic, harsh weather conditions, and the passage of time – but will never leach micro-plastics or other toxins into the water or environment.
- Low maintenance requirements: Unlike traditional paving materials, Invisible Structures Products require minimal maintenance, saving time and resources.
Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Design
Invisible Structures Products are not only strong and durable but also environmentally friendly. This sustainable porous paving solution offers several benefits, including:
- Permeability: The incredible 94% void space in Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2, along with their preferred technical specifications for maximizing water capture and storage in the depth of the base course, their porous design allows rainwater to infiltrate the ground at the fastest rate in the Nation, greatly reducing stormwater runoff and minimizing the risk of flooding.
- Heat island reduction: Traditional paving materials contribute to the urban heat island effect, which raises temperatures in cities. Invisible Structures Products, on the other hand, help to mitigate this effect by absorbing the heat, allowing air to circulate,
promoting a cooler urban environment.
- Recycled materials: All Invisible Structures Products are made from 100% recycled post-consumer and post-industrial plastics (HDPE and PP) from the USA, manufactured in CA and CO, reducing the environmental impact and promoting a circular economy.
Enhanced Safety and Accessibility
Fire lanes are essential for ensuring the safety and well-being of residents. Using Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 offer several advantages:
- Improved traction: Invisible Structures porous paving products provide a smooth and stable surface for the lifespan of the installation for all emergency vehicles, reducing the risk of accidents and ensuring a quicker response time in case of emergencies. They will never “pop up” or require replacement like rigid pavers because they are flexible and can not only be installed over slopes (max 5% slope recommended for Fire Lanes) but will never be affected by the freeze/thaw cycle. This enables easy mowing and snow plowing – making it an all weather product with a 60+ year lifespan.
- Easy identification: The product can be customized with color and markings to clearly identify fire lanes, ensuring that they remain accessible and unobstructed at all times.
- ADA compliance: Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 have been the only porous paver to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) since 1995, per the DOJ requirements and an ASHTO certification, ensuring that fire lanes are accessible to all, regardless of their physical abilities.
Invisible Structures Porous Paving Products are the strongest and most sustainable option for building fire lanes in any environment. Their unmatched strength, durability, design, consistency, all-weather capabilities, eco-friendly design, and enhanced safety features make it the ideal choice for city planners, architects, and engineers seeking to create safe, efficient, and sustainable “green” spaces. It is easy to see why Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 remain the #1 Porous Paver to be approved by Fire Chiefs in the Nation.
Featured Porous Paving Products
For a green porous paving solution, trust Grasspave2 – the industry’s leader since 1982. Designed by a Landscape Architect, Grasspave2 comes in easy-to-install rolls. It’s flexible, lightweight, durable and provides design versatility to any project.
Created by a Landscape Architect, Gravelpave2 has been the designers trusted choice for low maintenance porous paving since 1991. With a remarkable compressive strength, 5 times that of concrete, (15,940 psi) Gravelpave2 can support the weight of virtually any vehicle.
Rainstore3 is a modular, stackable, underground water containment system. Designed by a Landscape Architect for both subsurface detention basins and retention/harvesting systems in 1999, Rainstore3 has since been used in a myriad of other applications such as water/rain gardens, green roofs and sports field drainage.