Porous Paving for Driveways
The most durable and sustainable solution for permeable driveways.
Build Green on a Budget! Commercial Strength Porous Grid Paving – Now Available for Your Home: Driveways, Pathways, Dog-runs, Equestrian Areas. Simple. Green. Solutions.
Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 are America’s Original, tough, all-weather Permeable Grid Pavers! Buy commercial grade, maximum load capacity porous pavers, direct to the consumer, for any design imaginable—such as driveways, overflow parking, pathways, dog-runs and shed foundations! Explore below how Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 provide the most secure and long-lasting surfaces for your project while offering the best stormwater management solutions in the industry. Strength and Sustainability for Your Home. Pave Green. Build Green.
Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 are designed to withstand heavy traffic, harsh weather conditions, and the test of time. These products are made from high-quality materials that ensure their longevity and resistance to wear and tear. Key features that contribute to their durability include:
- High Load-Bearing Capacity: Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 have an extremely high load-bearing capacity (15,940 psi – which translates to at least the ability to support an F-15 fighter jet during takeoff.) This is due to the independent column/ring design (picture the surprising ability of the super thin-walled aluminum can’s ability to withstand pressure from the top, or the columns in Rome still standing) making each ring capable of bearing a surprising amount of weight, and a group of rings under a tire incredibly strong. This ensures that your driveway is properly supported.
- Resistance to Weather Conditions: Invisible Structures Porous Paving Products, Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 can withstand extreme temperatures, heavy rainfall, and freeze-thaw cycles without “popping up” or popping out like rigid pavers. This is because the grid itself is flexible and gives way when the ground expands and contracts. It also means it’s easy to mow and plow all year for years. Invisible Structures installations remain pristine over the years, unlike rigid pavers which require replacement. Over 40 years of installations with a proven track record means we have a product and installation instructions that work.
- Low Maintenance: Our paving products require minimal maintenance, saving you time and resources in the long run. Gravelpave2 has a filter fabric design, exclusive to Invisible Structures that will never come off, never disintegrate, prevents gravel migration, prevents paver “pop up”, and prevents the growth of weeds from underneath. This eliminates the need for constant upkeep and paver replacement. It also makes it the safest choice for a gravel paver with pedestrians.
Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly
Invisible Structures Porous Paving Products not only offer unmatched strength, durability and low maintenance in an all-weather product, but they also contribute to a more sustainable and eco-friendly environment. Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 promote the following environmental benefits:
- Stormwater Management: The porous nature of Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 vs. any of the competition is unparalleled. The depth and technical specifications of the base course allows rainwater to infiltrate the ground at a shockingly rapid rate, dramatically reducing runoff and preventing flooding. This also helps in replenishing groundwater resources and mitigate the impact of stormwater damage on the surrounding environment.
- Erosion Control: By controlling the flow of water in an area, erosion may be prevented in another – potentially preserving the surrounding landscape and ecosystem.
- Heat Island Effect Reduction: Traditional pavement surfaces can contribute to the urban heat island effect, increasing the temperature in built-up areas. Invisible Structures Porous Paving Products, on the other hand, help reduce this effect by capturing heat, maintaining a cool surface and even reducing sound
- Recycled Materials: All Invisible Structures Products are made from 100% recycled plastics (HDPE & PP – post-consumer and post-industrial), making them safe for our underground environments and waterways, and promoting a circular economy. We have used 100% recycled materials since the 80’s when we had to source and grind our own plastic, and at one point were the largest plastics recycler West of the Mississippi due to our efforts and production.
Aesthetically Pleasing and Customizable
Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2 are not only durable and sustainable but also visually appealing. Grasspave2 has been the most successful at growing a beautiful lawn for over 40 years because of its technical specifications/instructions. Since the grid is filled with sand instead of soil (sand is used on golf courses to grow the most beautiful grass) it never compacts, gets muddy or suffocates the grass roots like the technical specifications/instructions for rigid pavers and all of our competitors. This guarantees an open root system for the grass to stay healthy so the product grid is never seen from the surface, which is why we’re called Invisible Structures. Gravelpave2 is available in a range of colors to suit your preferences and match the aesthetic of your property. Plus, the aggregate fill can be covered as high as ¼” above the rings to hide them further and a binder used to keep it in place.
Grasspave2 and Gravelpave2, by Invisible Structures, offer the perfect combination of durability, sustainability, and aesthetics for your permeable driveway. Their high load-bearing capacity, resistance to weather conditions, and low maintenance requirements ensure that your driveway remains functional and safe for years to come. Additionally, their environmental benefits, such as stormwater management, erosion control, and heat island effect reduction, make them an eco-friendly choice. With their customizable and visually appealing design options, Invisible Structures Porous Paving Products are the ultimate solution for your permeable driveway needs.
Featured Porous Paving Products
For a green porous paving solution, trust Grasspave2 – the industry’s leader since 1982. Designed by a Landscape Architect, Grasspave2 comes in easy-to-install rolls. It’s flexible, lightweight, durable and provides design versatility to any project.
Created by a Landscape Architect, Gravelpave2 has been the designers trusted choice for low maintenance porous paving since 1991. With a remarkable compressive strength, 5 times that of concrete, (15,940 psi) Gravelpave2 can support the weight of virtually any vehicle.
Rainstore3 is a modular, stackable, underground water containment system. Designed by a Landscape Architect for both subsurface detention basins and retention/harvesting systems in 1999, Rainstore3 has since been used in a myriad of other applications such as water/rain gardens, green roofs and sports field drainage.